Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Greater Little Rock Camera Club came out in October to take some pictures around the monastery. The group led by Camella McCoy (or Angel as she is known) included Gabe Sisney and Neil Jones, who took this nice shot of our facade with the traditional bare cross. The cross found in each friar's cell has no "corpse"attached. The friar is reminded to place himself on the cross through self denial and mortification. In this way he can imitate his savior who died for him on the cross, by doing not His own will, but the will of his heavenly Father. Angel took this nice shot of our waterfall.

Marylake has been a photo magnet this year. Never have so many come out to take pictures. Dillards started the trend a couple years ago when they shipped in models from New York to pose around the property for their fall clothing line.
Then there are always young women who want their bridal shot taken here. We even had a family recently who took their Christmas picture here. Gabe Sisney of the camera club took the shot of our monastery's north wall.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It just so happened that I traveled from Pine Bluff to Reeder's Christmas Tree Farm today and passed your monestery for the first time ever. It is quite beautiful. I had no prior knowledge of its existence and was determined to find out more about it. I just love that Google. I read up on the Carmelites and the history of the property and came upon your blog. I am a baptized Catholic who converted to Methodism in adulthood and have felt spiritually fulfilled and yet I still crave the reverance, tranquility and holiness of the Catholic church of my childhood. One thing that I remember dearly and miss the most is the contemplative settings that invited me to reflect and pray, especially the natural and garden settings. This has been non-existent in my daily prayer and devotion life each morning before I rush to work. I passed your monestery for just moments today and yet I felt that feeling once again. For that I would like to thank you.

Patrice Jones
Patricejones99@hotmail.com

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Terry said...

I am a hobbyist photography during my free time. Would it or could it be possible to come around and take photos, if nothing but for myself.

It nice to see older structures still in tact, that have not been converted into law offices or condos.

My email address is mr.tlwilliams@gmail.com.

Thank you ever so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home